News from Afghanistan


I realize that this picture is actually from Iraq but I have yet to receive any Afghanistan pictures.

Things are good in Afghanistan. It's a lot different than the last deployment. He doesn't work nights first of all so that makes our schedules exactly opposite. Afghanistan is eleven and a half hours ahead of Utah. I have never heard of a half hour time zone before but they do exist. What this means is Conor is getting up right as i'm going to sleep and going to bed right as I'm getting up. There are about 6 hours a day when we are up the same time. 3 in the morning and 3 at night. Because he's not working nights he doesn't have the same phone access that he did. He actually has to take turns. So I've only talked to him on the phone a couple times since he's been gone. On the up side, I do get an email almost every day. If not every day, every other day.
I've made a lot of friends with other wives this time around and it's actually pretty nice to have someone to talk to who knows exactly what you are going through. They don't ask you the questions that bug the crap out of you because they bug them just as much. Plus is nice to have friends to hang out with that are married but single. That's the hardest part about hanging out with friends. If you hang out with married people it's hard cause you're alone. If you hang out with your single friends they usually want to go out and do single stuff and that's really not my scene.
Conor doesn't tell me much of anything but that is who he is. I do know it's cold, the bathroom situation is terrible, and the food is awful. If I do get anymore news i'll keep an update going.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear he is doing well! You're such a strong person to be able to handle all that time apart. Hopefully this really is his last deployment! Let me know if you need anything. We should get together sometime soon and catch up on things. :)

    ReplyDelete